|Anticipated Account Clerk Typist - Central Receiving (12 Month)
The Binghamton City School District is seeking candidates to fill an anticipated Account Clerk Typist position for the 2023-2024 school year. These are full-time, probationary tenure-track positions.
The BCSD offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and professional development.
In order to be considered for this opening, applicants must be:
- Currently on the Civil Service eligible list for the title, or
- Currently appointed to the title, or
- Eligible to take the exam for the title when it becomes available
Candidates must be prepared to provide additional documents to complete a candidate folder.
- Three letters of recommendation bearing the writer's signatures, dated within the last 18 months.
- Copy of Certification.
Account Clerk Typist - 12-month position (Central Receiving)
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The work involves the performance of standardized account keeping and clerical tasks or assisting in the performance of more difficult and complex account keeping and clerical tasks requiring either the full-time or substantial part-time operation of a typewriter. Incumbents usually work under general supervision on routine assignments in accordance with defined procedures with some leeway for the use of independent judgment in carrying out the details of the work. Detailed instructions are provided for new or unusual assignments. This class differs from other classes in the Account Clerk series by virtue of the limited complexity of the work performed, the degree of supervision received, and the responsibility for the operation of a typewriter. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Posts to journal or ledger accounts from appropriation, expense, invoices, payroll, receipts, voucher records and other original entry materials
- Receives, processes, verifies, and audits invoices and allocates costs by tasks, accounts, funds, and functions in accordance with prescribed rules, regulations and procedures.
- Prepares accounting and fiscal status reports and maintains control accounts on services rendered and paid.
- Assists in maintaining labor, material, and operational cost records.
- Compute payroll deductions, prepare payroll abstracts, and maintains records of leave time used.
- Types and maintains correspondence, reports, minutes of meetings, records bills, purchase orders, purchase requisitions, and other material and records.
- Compiles data for and assists in preparing simple financial and statistical reports.
- Assists in verifying and reconciling account balances according to a prescribed procedure.
- Maintains petty cash funds.
- Collects payment for and maintains records on taxes, water bills, and employee health insurance, cashes up funds collected, and makes bank deposits.
- Sorts, indexes, and files requisitions, correspondence, vouchers, reports, and other material.
- Issues receipts for monies received; Assists in the preparation of a variety of State and Federal reimbursement claims.
- Answer a telephone and provides routine information.
- Operates computing, calculating, bookkeeping, and other office machines.
|$30,471.00 per contract