Binghamton City School District seeks candidates for faculty and staff positions that are eager to make the district an even more diverse and inclusive district for its students to thrive within. A range of backgrounds and perspectives leads to a variety of ideas, knowledge, and approaches, and we believe that a deep understanding and valuing of differences is necessary to our overall mission of "Educating, empowering, and challenging all students to become productive, global citizens through innovative approaches to learning".
This is routine work in preparing and serving food and in cleaning of kitchen equipment. The incumbent is expected to perform all duties needed in the support of a food service program. The work is performed under the immediate supervision of either the Cook Manager or form the Food Service Supervisor at the respective building. Does related work as required.
Typical Work Activities:
- Serves food on a cafeteria line
- Performs tasks to prepare food to be cooked
- May operate some cooking machinery including mixers, stoves, and ovens under the direct supervision
- Washes dishes and pots and other utensils either by hand or by machine
- Sweeps, mops, and cleans all kitchen work areas and storage areas
- May act as a cashier in the cafeteria
- Cleans tables in the cafeteria
- Collects and empties trash containers
- Works on production line filling meal orders
- Delivers trays, returns empty carts and trays to the kitchen
- Assists in the preparation of salads and desserts
Full Performance Knowledges, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of the proper methods of serving food and of the care of tableware, glassware, silver, and kitchen appliances
- Skill in performance of simple food preparation and cooking tasks
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position
Candidates must be prepared to provide additional documents to complete a candidate folder.
- Completed Support Staff Application
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- High School diploma or GED preferred